Selection of 18 (good) reasons that kept me from writing today:
- The boy’s room needs tidying up – while I’m at it, why not sort through their clothes? And Nina’s, too?
- Laundry and ironing.
- Wondering when you write „learnt“ and when „learned“. Know it now.
- More laundry and ironing.
- Checking the bushes if the hens have already laid there eggs. Lots of bushes. Nice flowers. Must pick some.
- Now I might as well get into my veil and check on the bees, too.
- Finally, my smoker is fixed. The bees are doing ok, no honey yet. They’re probably in winter block. Fortunate. They have one real reason.
- Hmmm, feeling hungry now. Cake would be nice for desert – somebody has to use all those eggs, anyway.
- Where’s the ukulele – must be here somewhere. My tuning app is somehow down. I’ll practice tomorrow. Talent isn’t shining today.
- Freddie Mercury pops into my mind – youtube beams me back two decades. What a voice, what a man! Would be disrespectful to stop watching now.
- I feel tiny. The intended „grand youtube inspiration tour“ of all my favorite songs leaves me hiding under my desk – these people are all artists – who am I?
- More youtube. Remember? They’re older now, too. Love the tattoos. Must get more myself. Also love all the hair. And the music.
- Haven’t written in my diary for at least three days now. Must catch up. Block persists – maybe nothing really happened?
- Now my pencil broke. Need to sharpen it, might as well sharpen all my others. And the kid’s, while I’m at it.
- All the wastebaskets need emptying.
- Opened a word document. What should I call it?
- Only 20 minutes left. No point in starting to write now. Google „FUBAR“ – I always forget what it stands for.
- Already past 12 – have to pick up the kids. Rush, rush, rush!
Am I distracted because I’m blocked or blocked because I’m distracted?